Lumenis UltraPulse System Overview
The UltraPulse Encore laser is one of the most versatile resurfacing lasers offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology. With three different modes, this laser is adaptable to treat a wide range of skin conditions on the face and body, including:
Ablative lasers like the UltraPulse effectively treat a broad range of skin conditions by gently removing all or part of the skin. The body’s natural healing processes then replace the damaged skin with new and healthy tissue. Although several types of ablative lasers exist, differing mainly by wavelength, CO2 lasers have long been considered the industry’s ‘Gold Standard’ for resurfacing with the UtraPulse CO2 the “top of the line.”
The Advantage of the UltraPulse Encore CO2 Treatment
The UltraPulse uses high-power-short duration pulse technology to increase patient comfort and minimize adverse effects. The laser has three unique settings:
- Deep FX penetrates deep into the skin, targeting severe wrinkles, scars, and other deep imperfections. This setting promotes collagen remodeling, leading to improved skin texture and a reduction in the appearance of deep lines and scars.
- Active FX focuses on the superficial layers of the skin, effectively treating fine lines, sun damage, and age spots. By stimulating collagen production and promoting skin tightening, this setting results in a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance with minimal downtime compared to more invasive procedures.
- SCAAR FX is specifically designed to address scars and uneven skin texture. This setting combines deep and superficial treatments to minimize the appearance of scars, whether from surgery, trauma, or acne. By promoting collagen regeneration, SCAAR FX helps improve overall skin tone and texture, contributing to a smoother and more even complexion.
Cosmetic Laser Dermatology’s Drs. Mitchel Goldman and the late Richard Fitzpatrick have been involved in the development of the UltraPulse laser as well as many clinical trials making them the most experienced practice with this device worldwide.
With over 60+ lasers, the doctors at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology are experts in laser treatments. Not only can the UltraPulse CO2 be used alone, but it can be used with the Sciton Erbium:YAG, Alexandrite, IPL and Pulse Dye lasers for a combination laser resurfacing treatment that provides significant improvement for diverse issues like fine lines, pigmentation, sun damage, etc.
Contact us today to receive a personalized consultation for UltraPulse.
What to Expect
The UltraPulse Encore uses infrared light to target the tissues in a chosen area to provide comprehensive treatment.
At Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, our board-certified dermatologists perform Lumenis UltraPulse treatments in our operating room. Treatments last 30 minutes to an hour depending on the desired area and desired outcomes. Approved the American Academy of Dermatology, the UltraPulse is a safe and effective fractional CO2 laser.
Before your treatment:
- You will have a pre-op appointment, in office or on the phone, with our pre-op nurse.
- Please come to the office with absolutely no facial make-up, sunscreen, moisturizer, or artificial eyelashes/extensions.
- Male patients must shave the night before the procedure.
- No jewelry, please. No earrings or facial piercings.
- Do not wear contact lenses. Please wear eyeglasses if needed to read consents on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing such as sweat pants and a zip or button top; bring a pair of warm socks.
- If you are scheduled for IV conscious sedation- you will be advised to fast before your procedure.
- For safety reasons, we recommend that you have a responsible adult drive you home after surgery. We cannot permit you to leave in an Uber or Taxi. We can recommend a trusted professional driving service if necessary.
- You will be given a pack of disposable gauze pads (for vinegar soaks), Vaniply ointment, and any other post-procedure products recommended by your doctor on the day of your procedure.
After your treatment:
- The sensation of heat/sunburn is normal. It is OK to take Tylenol.
- You will be instructed to do wet soaks with a vinegar solution every 2-4 waking hours until all the peeling has subsided (approximately 10-14 days).
- Redness, oozing, crusting & swelling will occur immediately after treatment. These symptoms typically peak at 48-72 hours, with the crusting/peeling lasting approximately 7-10 days and redness lasting approximately 2-4 weeks. You will not be able to wear make-up during this time or until approved by your doctor.
- You will be prescribed an antibiotic and possibly an antiviral or pain relief medication. This will be determined during your Pre-Op appointment.
- Your doctor will advise you on when it is OK to start cleansing the face.
As the results settle over 7-10 days, you’ll notice an immediate improvement in fine lines, skin laxity, and pigmentation. Temporary side effects may include mild redness and swelling in the treated area that will gradually resolve over 1-4 weeks.
We offer top lines in professional skincare that allow you to extend the results from your Lumenis UltraPulse treatment. With a variety of formulations to choose from, you can customize your treatment program to your precise needs and goals. Our staff is ready to help you design the best home treatment plan for you.
Contact us today to schedule your Lumenis UltraPulse Encore consultation.
Q: What is the recovery with the Lumenis UltraPulse Encore treatment?
You may experience swelling and crusting during the healing process, but you should be completely healed in 1-2 weeks. Your board-certified dermatologist will give you post-treatment instructions to help mitigate these temporary side effects.
Q: Can Lumenis UltraPulse improve Pearly Penile Papules?
The UltraPulse Encore CO2 laser treatment is the only method proven safe and effective for removing PPP in a single, simple, non-invasive treatment session.
Q: Can the UltraPulse CO2 help hyperpigmentation?
Yes! In addition to improving the skin’s texture, it can also help correct brown spots or sun spots. Since the UltraPulse has different modes, treatment can be completely customized to your unique skin’s needs.
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
With over 60 lasers at our doctor’s disposal, our doctors have access to the perfect laser to meet your unique needs and achieve your aesthetic goals if you’re not a candidate for the Lumenis UltraPulse CO2. Some of our most effective resurfacing lasers include:
Contact our dermatologists today to schedule a consultation, where we will develop a treatment plan ideal for your goals and desires.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
Same Day Appointments Available!
Book a consultation online