CoolTouch CTEV Overview
The CoolTouch CTEV treatment is an endovenous ablation method that uses a special laser fiber (coupled with an infrared 1320 nm wavelength device) to treat unwanted veins. Unlike other laser treatments in San Diego, the CoolTouch CTEV targets water within the walls of the veins instead of hemoglobin.
By using the ablation method in addition to an infrared laser, CoolTouch CTEV can bring long-lasting and effective vein removal results without the need for invasive surgery. A patient is an excellent candidate to undergo laser vein removal if they are experiencing unwanted leg veins smaller than an inch in width.
The CoolTouch CTEV laser can be used to target and remove blue veins and varicose veins in all of the following areas, including but not limited to:
Benefits of the CTEV laser in opposition to surgical vein removal include less risk of infection, less skin irritation, and minimal downtime.
What to Expect
CoolTouch CTEV is by far the most renowned laser device for the treatment of leg veins and is highly recommended by the team of expert vein specialists and phlebologists at CLDerm in San Diego. This treatment has a 99% efficacy rate and is completely outpatient, which means that you’re able to return home the same day as your procedure!
Compared to other vein removal treatments, CoolTouch CTEV is less invasive, provides increased patient comfort, and results in faster healing time. Patients report little (if any) bruising and swelling, and downtime is extremely minimal. Contact the vein removal experts at CLDerm today to find out if this treatment is right for you!
Treatment Guidelines for CTEV
- The pressure bandages should be left in place for 24 hours, they are designed to decrease swelling and increase the rate of healing.
- You will be seen for a post-op appointment the next day after surgery for removal of the bulky dressings and ACE wrap. We will put in place a graduated compression stocking. The stocking should be worn 24 hours a day for 7 days. The stocking is then worn during the day and left off at night and when bathing for an additional 1 to 3 weeks, as recommended by your physician.
- Your physical activity after surgery will be determined by how your legs feel. In general, you will be able to walk, sit, drive a car, and resume normal physical activity.
- In the early days after surgery, your legs may tire. If they do, sit down and elevate your legs above the level of your heart if possible. Do not elevate your legs if your feet go numb. Your post op appointment will be scheduled the day after surgery.
- Walking is highly recommended after surgery. The more you walk the better your circulation will be. Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous activity such as jogging, bicycling or aerobics for 7 to 10 days following surgery.
- Bleeding is uncommon after the procedure but if you do experience bleeding at the surgical site, please call our office.
Discomfort and bruising:
- The soreness is worst about 24 hours after surgery and then improves daily.
- For relief of soreness and inflammation, take Tylenol 500 mg (extra-strength) 1-2 pills every 4 hours while awake for the first 48 hours AFTER surgery.
- DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN or IBUPROFEN or any other NSAIDs medications that contain aspirin for 3-5 days after surgery as this may promote bleeding.
- Do not take alcohol for 72 hours because it may increase bleeding.
- Bruising is normal and can last 1-2 weeks. It will follow the pathway of the removed veins and become more apparent 2 to 3 days after surgery. Lumps may also be present where veins were removed. These are quite normal and will go away in a few weeks.
- After your post-op appointment, you may shower with your compression stocking on. You may cover with plastic wrap to help reduce water on the stocking. Dry thoroughly after bathing (towel dry and use a hair dryer on the warm/cool setting to completely dry the stocking). This will decrease the chances of developing a wound infection.
- DO NOT submerge in water until the incisions have healed completely (about 1 week)
Q: Am I a good candidate for CTEV laser vein treatment?
Q: Who should administer CTEV laser vein treatments to get rid of blue veins?
Q: Will I need multiple laser treatments to see results?
Q: What is the cost of varicose vein treatments in San Diego?
Q: When will I notice results?
Q: Are there any other treatments comprable to CTEV?
When it comes to vein removal, other treatment options exist. CoolTouch Varia is another vein treatment that’s ideal for unwanted facial veins near the temples, nose, and under eyes. Additionally, individuals who are not ideal candidates for CoolTouch CTEV may be a candidate for one of the following vein removal treatments:
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego, visit our Promotions page.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
Same Day Appointments Available!
Schedule a free CoolTouch CTEV consultation today*