When we are young, our skin contains natural collagen. It’s this natural collagen that makes the skin strong, flexible, and full of natural volume. However, as we age, collagen breaks down, resulting in less facial elasticity and volume.
Radiesse is the only FDA-approved injectable dermal filler for treating volume loss in the hands and face. Best of all, Radiesse not only achieves beautiful, natural-looking results, but the immediate volumizing effect can last as long as 12 months.
This filler, which is made of calcium-based microspheres, works by stimulating your body’s own collagen production for long-lasting correction and smoothing.
The world-renowned dermatologists at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology are proud to announce that we have been named the only “Radiesse Hands Center of Excellence in San Diego!” Our expert injectors have such extensive experience and expertise in administering Radiesse for younger, smoother looking hands that Merz, the makers of Radiesse, have honored our team with this distinction.
At Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, our dermatologists are world-renowned injectors of dermal fillers with an unparalleled level of expertise, and we perform Radiesse treatments ourselves, instead of having a nurse or assistant do it.
What to Expect
Radiesse smooths wrinkles, creases, and indentations in the back of the hand as well as reduces the appearance of veins and tendons, which tend to become more pronounced as we grow older. As with most dermal fillers, the injections may cause minimal side effects, such as redness, swelling, itchiness, or bruising. However, these effects typically fade over a few days.
Each of the skilled cosmetic dermatologists at CL Derm has thorough training and experience with a wide variety of medical and cosmetic dermatologic treatments, including Radiesse. Injectable dermal fillers are highly effective, but it is crucial to undergo injections with a dermatologist who is not only on the forefront of the latest injecting techniques but also has years of experience and a strong track record for successful results.
Led by the esteemed cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Mitchel Goldman, the doctors at Cosmetic Laser Derm offer only the highest-quality hand injection treatments with the best patient care available in San Diego.
During your procedure:
- An assessment will be made by your physician to determine the amount of product
- Multiple injections will be administered to treated areas.
- Radiesse contains lidocaine; however, some physicians may decide to use a topical
numbing agent or local anesthesia injections prior to treatment.
- You may have a very small amount of pinpoint bleeding where the needle was
inserted. This usually subsides in a few minutes.
After your procedure:
- You may use your regular skincare products and make-up.
- You may feel some soreness around treated areas. Ice packs may be used to ease
tenderness and swelling and you can take Tylenol for any discomfort.
- Immediately after the treatment, you will experience swelling which can last up to 3 – 7
- You may feel lumps where the filler was injected, which is typically related to swelling
and will subside in about 3 – 7 days.
- Results are immediate but due to the swelling, the expected end result can be seen
between 7 – 10 days.
- Do NOT manipulate, rub, massage, apply pressure, etc. to treated areas or lay face
down after treatment.
- You may get a bruise from the injections. If so, you are welcome to come into the office
the following day and have the bruise(s) treated with a laser to assist in clearing up the
bruise, at no charge.
- You may also take Arnica pills before and/or after the treatment to decrease risk of
bruising and to help any bruises you have to subside faster. We have Arnica available
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired result after one treatment.
Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal desired results.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- Follow up with your physician in ______ days/weeks, or as needed.Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns at (858) 657-1002
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.