CoolTouch Varia Overview
The CoolTouch Varia laser in San Diego is a highly effective long-pulsed laser system used in the treatment of veins, fine lines, and wrinkles, as well as hair removal. The dermatologists at CLDerm often use the CoolTouch Varia laser to treat patients with the following conditions:
If you are living with unwanted facial veins, leg veins, fine lines, or unwanted hair, contact the laser experts at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego to see if the CoolTouch Varia laser treatment is right for you.
What Does CoolTouch Varia Treat?
When treating your unwanted spider veins on your face and/or legs, our dermatologists will use the CoolTouch Varia to target the visible blood vessels and diminish their appearance. Our specialists will adjust the spot size of the laser depending on the size of the area being treated to ensure only the unwanted veins are targeted and no surrounding tissue is damaged. The 1064 nm wavelength light is absorbed by the blood vessel and causes it to stop working. Your body then absorbs the unnecessary vein and it is no longer visible. The CoolTouch Varia is a great alternative to sclerotherapy.
The CoolTouch Varia is good for treating unwanted hair in small areas like the face, underarm, or bikini region. The non-invasive procedure has no downtime, produces long-lasting results, and the built-in cooling system keeps the pain of this treatment minimal.
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
CoolTouch Varia is a non-invasive way to attain younger-looking skin in San Diego. The long-pulsed laser stimulates collagen cells during treatment and the results gradually improve over time as your skin continues to produce more collagen. There is no downtime and it is often a great option for treating fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and cheeks.
What to Expect
During a CoolTouch Varia treatment, light energy is delivered through a special handpick to the targeted vein. This energy is then absorbed by the blood vessels. The heat and energy absorption causes the blood vessels to clog and to become slowly absorbed by the body.
The CoolTouch Varia is a long-pulsed laser that specifically targets the treatment area without damaging the surrounding skin. Because of that, CoolTouch Varia is safe to use on patients of all skin tones. There is little to no discomfort after the laser treatments. In some cases, patients may experience some swelling, redness or blistering, and the skin might feel tender for a few days. However, applying ice to the treated area can help to minimize swelling and inflammation. Our doctors in San Diego will answer any post-procedure questions you may have.
During Your CoolTouch Varia Procedure:
- Your eyes will be protected with metal goggles.
- Topical or injected numbing is not used with this treatment.
- You will feel the sensation of heat (similar to a “rubber band snapping” against your skin).
After The Procedure
- Redness and swelling are to be expected immediately after the treatment. Swelling can vary from no swelling at all to significant swelling and can last from several hours up to a week or longer.
- There is the possibility that one or more of the vein(s) being treated will appear larger and darker for a few days after treatment. This usually subsides within a week, but in most patients, the vein goes away immediately after treatment.
- The treated area may be sore or tender after treatment. This usually subsides in a few hours but if it persists you can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- If necessary, ice packs can be applied to the treated area the day of the procedure will help reduce the heat sensation and minimize swelling. Use a handkerchief under the ice pack when applied on the skin.
- Swelling typically peaks at 12-48 hours. If treatment was performed on your face, sleeping with your head slightly elevated for the first night will help minimize swelling.
- It is possible you may get a bruise immediately after the treatment or within 1-2 days after the treatment. If bruising occurs, it can take 3-10 days to resolve.
- Apply sunscreen with zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide daily. Protect the treated area from sun exposure (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc).
- It is ok to shower and/or wash the treated area on the day of the procedure.
- It is ok to gently cleanse the face, as well as use skin products and makeup.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired results after one treatment. Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve desired results.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- Follow up with your physician in as needed.
Q: Is the CoolTouch Varia treatment painful?
Q: How long does treatment take?
Q: How many treatments does it take to see results?
Q: How much does a San Diego CoolTouch Varia treatment cost?
Q: Who should perform a CoolTouch Varia laser treatment?
Q: Is CoolTouch Varia safe?
Q: What causes facial veins?
Q: What are spider veins?
Q: Do facial vein treatments hurt?
Q: Will the veins return after a laser treatment?
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego, visit our Promotions page.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.