Fraxel Restore Dual Overview
Fraxel Re:store Dual is is a fantastic laser treatment for reducing the appearance of unsightly brown spots on the skin. In fact, our dermatology experts have completed more Fraxel Restore Dual procedures than any other medical practice in the world. If you are looking for treatment for brown spots in San Diego, look no further than the offices of Cosmetic Laser Dermatology!
What is a Fraxel Laser?
Fraxel lasers are fractionated laser devices that work by creating micro injuries in the skin to trigger the body to regenerate cells and boost collagen production. This healing process results in skin that is clearer, smoother, and more youthful as sun damage and pigmentation irregularities are addressed. Fractional lasers offer the advantage of working superficially and/or deeply into the dermal structure of the skin while leaving surrounding skin and tissue intact. The result is dramatic improvement to the skin with little or no downtime after treatment.
What is Restore Dual?
Restore Dual uses two different wavelengths to address skin rejuvenation. The Erbium 1550 nm wavelength helps stimulate the cells that make collagen and elastic fibers in the skin’s dermis. The Thulium laser is a superficial laser that has a 1927 nm wavelength, allowing for precise targeting of troublesome pigmented areas, leaving more surrounding tissue unharmed.
Benefits of Fraxel Dual
Fraxel Dual offers a myriad of benefits for our patients, including:
- Full results in one or two sessions
- Minimal downtime
- Ability to treat both irregular pigmentation and fine wrinkles
- Supports cell rejuvenation
- Stimulates collagen production
- Smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin
- Minimal pain with the use of topical anesthetic cream
To make the skin resurfacing procedure even safer and more comfortable, the Fraxel Dual has a focal cooling technique that minimizes pain during the procedure. This dual Fraxel laser is gentle and safe enough for both the face and the body, and both wavelengths can be combined into one treatment session. Treatment is very tolerable.
Our doctors will help you understand the differences between the treatments to ensure you choose the best Fraxel laser treatment for you.
Fraxel Dual For Asian Skin
Did you know that Asian skin is more prone to a skin condition called melasma? Melasma causes patchy brown spots to appear on the face. In combination with a variety of topical skincare products, the dermatology experts at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology can use the Fraxel Dual treatment to penetrate deep into the skin and help Asian patients eliminate or minimize the appearance of melasma.
Schedule a Fraxel Restore Dual consultation at our San Diego Medical Spa
Our board-certified dermatologists are currently accepting new patients and would be happy to discuss whether Fraxel Restore Dual is the right treatment for you. Trust your skin to the dermatology experts. Schedule your consultation today.
What to Expect
Conditions Fraxel Dual Treats
This versatile device treats numerous skin issues in one or two sessions. Concerns addressed include:
- Fine lines
- Shallow scars (from acne, injuries, burns, or surgery)
- Uneven texture
- Uneven skin tone
- Stretch marks
Treatment at our San Diego Medical Spa
A Fraxel Restore Dual treatment is quick with minimal discomfort involved. Patients worried about their comfort level during the procedure can request a topical numbing cream. A handheld applicator is rolled across the skin’s surface to deliver the laser energy into the dermal layers. Multiple passes ensure the skin is treated evenly to produce a consistent result. Integrated cooling keeps skin at a comfortable level throughout.
Read our pre/post guidelines for Fraxel Re:store Dual.
Recovery typically involves redness and swelling during the first 2-3 days, followed by 2-3 days of skin flaking. You may want to take 2-3 days of social downtime until the appearance of your skin improves, although this varies from patient to patient. We will recommend professional skin care products to use at home that will promote healing and enhance your results.
One treatment in our San Diego office can result in noticeably clearer skin within 7-10 days. The duration of a patient’s results depends on the extent of the skin problem and the patient’s goals, as well as sun protection habits and hormone activity. Some patients find that a second treatment further enhances the results and can be performed as early as 4 weeks after the first treatment.
During your procedure:
- There will be multiple passes made over the treatment area with the handpiece.
- The handpiece is “rolled” on the surface of the skin.
- The sensation of heat (similar to grease “splattering”) increases as the treatment
- Cold air is applied directly to skin surface as it is being treated to help decrease
sensation of heat.
After your procedure:
- You will have a sensation of heat/deep sunburn that will subside gradually after the
procedure. You can take Tylenol 500-1000mg or Ibuprofen 400-600mg to address any discomfort.
- You will also experience redness and mild swelling.
- Apply sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide daily. Protect the treated area from
the sun with a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. *UVA rays will penetrate
through windows, so protect your skin even when you are indoors.
- Apply ice packs (20 min. on, 20 min. off) the day of your procedure and the following day to reduce the sensation of heat and minimize swelling. Protect the skin with a gauze pad or handkerchief before applying ice to skin to avoid ice burn.
- Swelling typically peaks between 48 and 72 hours after the procedure. Sleeping with your head elevated on 2 to 3 pillows for the first 3 nights will help minimize swelling.
- You may shower the day of your procedure.
- Gentle cleansing is fine—we have skincare products you can purchase, or you
can use Cetaphil cleanser (over the counter in the pharmacy).
- A superficial, grainy crust and redness is a normal development after the treatment, which could last up to 1 week.
- Apply moisturizer as often as needed to help with dryness. Our staff can advise you on which moisturizer is most effective.
- You can wear make-up if approved by your physician.
Q: Who Is A Good Candidate For The Fraxel Re:store Dual Treatment?
Q: How Does The Fraxel Re:store Dual Treatment Work?
Q: How Long Will My Procedure Take?
Q: How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Q: When Will I See Results?
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego, visit our Promotions page.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.