Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Overview
A non-surgical rhinoplasty can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to perform. The most common dermal fillers used to perform the procedure are Restylane, Juvéderm, or Belotero. Each of these fillers is composed of hyaluronic acid in a clear gel form, and they are all non-allergenic, safe, and completely degradable.
At Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, our board-certified dermatologists are considered leading experts in the industry and have played pivotal roles in clinical trials and research studies that have led to many of the most effective dermal fillers becoming FDA approved. Our dermatologists commonly use Restylane for non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures. Regardless of which filler is used for the treatment, the filler is injected into the depressed areas on the patient’s nose to achieve the desired look, whether it be angling the tip of the nose or smoothing out the appearance of bumps.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures are almost painless, but everyone’s pain tolerance is different. Certain patients might experience some pain or discomfort in the more sensitive areas of the nose, such as the top of the nose, the nostrils, and the columella.
A non-surgical rhinoplasty is commonly used to correct the following facial features:
- Projection of the nasal tip
- Flat nasal bridge
- Nasal asymmetry
Who is a Good Candidate for a Nose Job Filler Treatment?
A patient of any ethnicity can be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty alternative. Additionally, patients who have previously undergone a traditional rhinoplasty and were not satisfied with the results can find solace in repairing the problem using a liquid nose job.
A non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great option for patients who are looking to create symmetry or correct any irregularities with their nose, especially if a patient is unsure if they want to commit to a permanent procedure (such as the traditional nose job). The results from a non-surgical rhinoplasty can last anywhere from 1-2 years.
What to Look for in a Doctor
No matter what type of procedure you are having, there are a few key things to consider when finding the doctor that is right for you. You should find someone who is an expert in the specialty that performs your procedure. For example, the dermatologists at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology are experts when it comes to injectables and has extensive experience helping patients get the best possible results from dermal fillers. Do your research. Make sure that the doctor you are considering has experience, credentials, and good reviews!
What to Expect
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring polysaccharide (carbohydrate) in the human body. High concentrations of hyaluronic acid are found in the fluid surrounding the eyes and soft connective tissues.
Since hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the human body, it is extremely compatible when injected to the nose or anywhere else as a dermal filler.
Two weeks following your initial procedure, you will come in for a follow-up and our dermatologists will assess your procedure. If further augmentation is needed or any revisions need to be made, it will be done at that time. In the meantime, the healing and recovery process completely depends on the patient.
Some patients can continue their normal activities and go on with their day while others may experience slight swelling and bruising that could go away in a couple of hours or last up to two weeks. Having a non-surgical rhinoplasty will not impact your breathing, as it does not change the shape of the nasal cavity. Visit fda.gov to see if using dermal fillers for a non-surgical rhinoplasty is right for you.
During your procedure:
- An assessment will be made by your physician to determine the type of product and
appropriate amount needed.
- Multiple injections will be administered to treated areas.
- The filler contains lidocaine, however, some physicians may decide to use a topical
numbing agent or local anesthesia injections prior to filler injections.
- You may have a very small amount of pinpoint bleeding where the needle was
inserted. This usually subsides in a few minutes.
After your procedure:
- You may use your regular skincare products and make-up.
- You can apply ice packs to ease tenderness and swelling.
- Do NOT manipulate, rub, massage, apply pressure, etc. to treated areas or lay face
down after treatment.
- Immediately after the treatment you will experience swelling which can last 1 – 3 days. The
above mentioned fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (which is a substance your body
normally produces) and it attracts water to it which causes the swelling.
- You may feel lumps where the filler was injected. This is also swelling and they will
subside in about 3 – 5 days and are usually not visible.
- You may get a bruise from the injections. If so, you are welcome to come into the office
the following day and have the bruise(s) treated with a laser at no charge.
- You may also take Arnica pills before and/or after the treatment to decrease risk of
bruising and to help any bruises you have to subside faster. We have Arnica available
- Results are immediate but due to the swelling, the expected end result can be seen
between 7 – 10 days.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired result after one treatment.
- Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal desired results.
- Follow up with your physician in ______ days/weeks, or as needed.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns at (858) 657-1002.
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.