Liquid Facelift Overview
When we are young, our faces look full and wrinkle-free because we have plenty of collagen and elastin. The visible signs of aging begin to appear as the face loses its collagen and elasticity. A liquid facelift is a great treatment for restoring this lost volume, providing you with youthful facial features once more!
At our San Diego dermatologist office, our skincare experts use a combination of dermal fillers and Botox or Dysport to rejuvenate the face. This combo treatment can address and improve the following signs of aging:
- Loss of volume
- Expression lines
- Hollow features
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Under eye circles
- Lip borders and vertical lip lines
What to Expect
During your liquid facelift consultation, on of Cosmetic Laser Dermatology’s skincare experts will discuss which issues you want to correct and decide on the best treatment plan.
In general, a combination of dermal fillers, like Juvéderm, Restylane, Radiesse, or Sculptra, are combined with Botox or Dysport injections to achieve the patient’s desired results. The fillers are used to add volume back to the face and to smooth out unwanted wrinkles and furrows.
Expression related creases (like crow’s feet or 11-lines) are treated with Botox or Dysport, which relaxes the muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. This combination flattens wrinkles as well as tightens up loose skin, giving patients a more youthful appearance.
What to Expect After the Procedure
A liquid facelift is a great option for patients who do not have severe volume loss and sagging or patients who do not want to undergo a surgical procedure. The results of a noninvasive combination treatment are usually visible immediately after the treatment (unless Sculptra is used, which takes a couple of months to appear) and require minimal downtime.
Our doctors’ expert techniques provide patients with natural-looking results. Many of our patients tell us they receive compliments on their “well-rested” appearance, but friends and family can rarely tell that they have had work done.
Filler Treatment Guidelines
During your procedure:
- An assessment will be made by your physician to determine type of product and
appropriate amount needed.
- Multiple injections will be administered to treated areas.
- The filler contains lidocaine, however some physicians may decide to use a topical
numbing agent or local anesthesia injections prior to filler injections.
- You may have a very small amount of pinpoint bleeding where the needle was
inserted. This usually subsides in a few minutes.
After your procedure:
- You may use your regular skincare products and make-up.
- You can apply ice packs to ease tenderness and swelling.
- Do NOT manipulate, rub, massage, apply pressure, etc. to treated areas or lay face
down after treatment.
- Immediately after the treatment, you will experience swelling which can last 1 – 3 days. The
above-mentioned fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (which is a substance your body
normally produces) and it attracts water to it which causes the swelling.
- You may feel lumps where the filler was injected. This is also swelling and they will
subside in about 3 – 5 days and are usually not visible.
- You may get a bruise from the injections. If so, you are welcome to come into the office
the following day and have the bruise(s) treated with a laser at no charge.
- You may also take Arnica pills before and/or after the treatment to decrease risk of
bruising and to help any bruises you have to subside faster. We have Arnica available
- Results are immediate but due to the swelling, the expected end result can be seen
between 7 – 10 days.
- Follow any additional specific post treatment instructions from your physician.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired result after one treatment.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns at (858) 657-1002.
Q: How is this procedure performed?
Q: How many treatments will I need?
Q: When will I see results?
Q: What injectables are used in a combination treatment?
Q: Can fat grafting be used?
Q: How much recovery time should I expect?
Q: How long do the results last?
Q: What are the side effects?
Q: How much does it cost?
Fat grafting is another alternative for a liquid facelift and provides wonderful results for facial rejuvenation. Please schedule a consultation with the skincare experts at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology today. During your consultation, we will discuss your individual treatment goals and results and help you choose a procedure that’s right for you.
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.