If you’re unhappy about the wrinkles on your lips, around your mouth or under your eyes, even though you’ve tried various treatments, then the newest addition to the Juvéderm family of facial volumizers, Volbella, might be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Juvéderm Volbella uses a new, patented hyaluronic acid (HA) formula developed by the product’s manufacturer Allergan as an effective lip enhancement treatment. Called Vycross, it is a proprietary technology that reduces the filler’s water absorption, which means less swelling than other HA products without this revolutionary technology. Studies also indicate longer lasting results, as well.
The Volbella gel is incredibly smooth and contains the numbing agent lidocaine, which reduces the already-mild tingling or stinging sensation that many patients experience with each lip enhancement or wrinkle-smoothing injection. Compared to other dermal fillers, Volbella has a thinner, softer consistency, which makes it ideal for adding natural-looking and feeling volume to the delicate lip area. Additionally, the formula is thin and soft enough to effectively treat under eye concerns, such as dark circles, under eye bags, or hollows.
Juvéderm Volbella can produce results lasting a full 12 months, which means that this lip augmentation or wrinkle smoothing treatment is very cost-effective.
Since being introduced in Paris in 2014, Juvéderm Volbella has received rave reviews from patients and doctors alike, creating a buzz that has steadily been building. It reached another level on June 1, 2016 when it was approved by the FDA for lip enhancement.
Fortunately, for residents of San Diego and throughout Southern California, the newest injectable wrinkle treatment Juvéderm Volbella is available at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology now, several months before it hits the U.S. market as a whole.
What to Expect
Volbella XC was designed mainly as a lip enhancement and under eye filler. As we age, we lose volume in our skin, which results in wrinkles, lines, and creases, especially on the face. Around the mouth, your lips thin out and lose definition around their borders. Furthermore, marionette lines develop and smoker’s lines form.
The Juvéderm Volbella lip enhancement filler takes care of it all with results that look natural, such as:
- Smoothing perioral lines (aka smoker’s lines), the vertical lines that form around the lips, usually due to pursing your lips frequently
- Plumping marionette lines (the lines leading from the edge of your lips to your chin)
- Correcting the downturn of the corners of your lips that gives you the appearance of a permanent frown
- Enhancing your cupid’s bow (the dip, or “M,” in the center of your upper lip)
- Adding contour to your lips by accentuating the vermillion border (the outline of your lips)
Treatment for Under the Eyes
If you have bags under your eyes due to loss of skin volume, you know how impossible it is to use makeup to cover up your drooping lower eyelids. You appear tired and even unhealthy. Use of the Juvéderm Volbella injectable helps to enhance this area by lifting it through improved volume and fullness. The results can be spectacular – your face looks fresher and rejuvenated.
Potential Side Effects
As with many dermatological treatments in SD, side effects of Volbella lip enhancement fillers are to be expected, though they are normally mild and temporary. Such side effects at the injection point of Volbella include the following:
- Pain or soreness
- Small bumps
These should dissipate within a week, but if they don’t make sure to contact the Volbella experts at Cosmetic Laser Surgery in San Diego.
What are the Benefits?
There are countless reasons to choose Juvéderm Volbella when considering skin care and lip enhancement fillers. Just a few of these reasons include:
- Effective treatment of wrinkles
- Subtle lip enhancement
- Less pain
- Results that look more natural
- Faster recovery time
- Longer-lasting results
- Maintaining results once a year, keeping more money in your pocket
- Few side effects (usually short-lived)
- Virtually no downtime
- Silky, irresistible lips
Be aware that Volbella, while very effective at defining and smoothing the contours of your lip lines, will not give your lips volume or plumpness, as other fillers do. If you want subtle smoothing of your mouth wrinkles and lip enhancement, consider Juvéderm Voluma.
Learn more about hyaluronic acid fillers at WebMD.com.
During your procedure:
- An assessment will be made by your physician to determine type of product and
appropriate amount needed.
- Multiple injections will be administered to treated areas.
- The filler contains lidocaine, however some physicians may decide to use a topical
numbing agent or local anesthesia injections prior to filler injections.
- You may have a very small amount of pinpoint bleeding where the needle was
inserted. This usually subsides in a few minutes.
After your procedure:
- You may use your regular skincare products and make-up.
- You can apply ice packs to ease tenderness and swelling.
- Do NOT manipulate, rub, massage, apply pressure, etc. to treated areas or lay face
down after treatment.
- Immediately after your treatment, you will experience swelling which can last 1 – 3 days. The
fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (which is a substance your body
normally produces) and it attracts water to it which causes the swelling.
- You may feel lumps where the filler was injected. This is also swelling and they will
subside in about 3 – 5 days and are usually not visible.
- You may get a bruise from the injections. If so, you are welcome to come into the office
the following day and have the bruise(s) treated with a laser at no charge.
- You may also take Arnica pills before and/or after the treatment to decrease the risk of
bruising and to help any bruises you have to subside faster. We have Arnica available
- Results are immediate but due to the swelling, the expected end result can be seen
between 7 – 10 days.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired result after one treatment. Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal desired results.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns at (858) 657-1002.
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.