Vaginal Rejuvenation Overview
The aging process affects more than the face and neck. Women often experience changes in their most intimate areas as well, including vaginal stretching and enlarged labia over time. These changes can be caused by childbirth, weight fluctuations, or the passage of time.
The changes in the genital area can lead to uncomfortable symptoms like vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and the inability to wear snug clothing easily. Changes in the appearance can also lead to reduced self-confidence, particularly with your partner.
Fortunately, there is now noninvasive surgery for the vagina that restores and rejuvenates the area. Our vaginal rejuvenation treatments are effective in vaginal tightening and improvements to the appearance, increasing your self-confidence and your personal comfort.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment?
Vaginal rejuvenation treatment is a common procedure that promises to rejuvenate the vagina – even after childbirth – and improve the sexual pleasure of a woman. Prior to ThermiVa and Viveve, this procedure was categorized into three main groups: vaginaplasty, labiaplasty, and hoodectomy.
These treatments are outpatient procedures that are often performed under general anesthesia. The operation can last for 1-2 hours depending on the type of correction to be made. During surgery, the plastic surgeon makes incisions as a way to repair the vaginal stretching and tearing. It can also tighten the muscles of the perineum, depending on the needs of the patient.
With the advent of the vaginal rejuvenation system (VRS), patients who desire vaginal rejuvenation treatment no longer have to undergo surgical procedures. As a completely non-surgical treatment, ThermiVa and Viveve offer patients quick improvement with no downtime.
Are You a Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
The following are just some of the common reasons why women consider treatment:
- Have you experienced vaginal childbirth? Would you like to experience vaginal tightening now?
- Do you feel loose during intercourse?
- Do you leak urine while exercising, sneezing, or coughing?
- Do you feel like the aesthetic appearance of the labia is not how it used to be?
- Are you experiencing painful intercourse or vaginal dryness?
- Would you like to improve intimacy and sensation?
What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is a VRS that utilizes radiofrequency energy to gently heat the tissue to stimulate new collagen growth and improve blood flow.
Why Consider ThermiVa Treatment?
- Vaginal stretching due to weight loss, aging, and pregnancy
- Discomfort caused by scarring from childbirth or genital surgeries
- Desire to have more contoured private parts
- Interest in more intense orgasms
Benefits of ThermiVa
ThermiVa has a number of benefits, such as the following:
- It is nonsurgical, so anesthesia is not needed
- It requires no downtime and patients see immediate results
- It can boost a woman’s self-esteem and confidence
- It effectively restores the elasticity of the vagina
- It enhances lubrication by tightening the vaginal canal
- It can treat urinary incontinence or leaky bladder
- It enhances the aesthetic appearance of the external genitalia
- It increases sensitivity for more satisfying intimacy
For women who are considering ThermiVa, it’s very important to talk to a cosmetic dermatologist to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
How Long Is The Treatment?
ThermiVa is a simple 30-minute procedure – 15 minutes treating the external genitalia, 15 minutes treating the vaginal canal and bladder wall.
Three treatments at monthly intervals are necessary to achieve optimal results. A single maintenance treatment every 8-12 months is suggested.
How Long Will the Results Last?
Results are immediate and continue to improve 3-6 months after treatment. After ThermiVa, patients can expect results to last for up to a year, though it may sometimes be necessary for multiple treatments.
What is Viveve?
Viveve is a VRS that uses cryogen-cooled radiofrequency to gently heat the tissue. The cryogen helps cool the surface of the skin to more effectively deliver the heat to the targeted tissues to promote new collagen growth.
Benefits of Viveve
- Vaginal tightening for greater pleasure during intercourse
- Stabilizing the bladder wall to improve urinary incontinence
- Enhanced blood flow to improve lubrication
What Can I Expect From Viveve Treatment?
- One 30-45 minute treatment session focusing on the vaginal canal and stabilizing the bladder wall.
- Maintenance treatments recommended annually or when symptoms return.
- Comfortable and safe
- Results are noticed 1-3 months post-procedure
- No downtime. You may resume normal sexual activity immediately after treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns about ThermiVa and other noninvasive surgery for the vagina, contact the experts at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego to learn more!
For more information about the monthly specials offered at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, visit our Promotions page.
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
Same Day Appointments Available!
Schedule a free Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment consultation today*