Beauty is a journey, not an endpoint. To assist you in achieving your skincare resolutions this year, we are happy to provide you with a calendar of beauty treatments that will keep your skin looking youthful and vibrant all year round.
Your Beauty Calendar
The treatment plan below is just a basic guide for those wanting to get started in making positive changes to their skin. During your consultation at our San Diego office, we can put together a custom comprehensive 12-month beauty regimen for you.
Every 6-12 Months
- Dermal Fillers – These injectables are an effective anti-aging treatment that restores volume in the face, improving its shape and contours an filling in wrinkles and creases. Dermal fillers are very commonly used in the cheeks to add fullness and tear troughs (under eye area) to help minimize the appearance of dark circles or under-eye bags. Fillers in the lips can also return a full youthfulness and decrease upper lip lines. These injectables can also be used in the marionette lines to reduce the appearance of jowls. Examples of dermal fillers include Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacial – Also referred to as the “Lunchtime Laser” procedure, this skin rejuvenating treatment uses high-intensity pulses of light to penetrate the skin and to trigger its natural healing process, resulting in smoother and healthier skin. With little to no downtime, this minimally invasive procedure can fade fine lines, remove or reduce broken facial capillaries, minimize redness, smooth rough skin, improve skin discoloration, erase skin irregularities, minimize unwanted hair growth, and shrink pores.
Every 3-4 Months
- Neuromodulators – These injectables, which work by blocking nerve impulses from entering the muscles, can correct moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles in problem areas of the face. Botox can treat forehead lines, crow’s feet, frown lines, and the “11’s.” In addition, our injectable experts also specialize in performing advanced Botox injections on the lower half of the face and neck where more muscles and nerves are located. At Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, our board-certified dermatologists are considered top experts in Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau neuromodulator injections. In fact, we were one of the first practices in the country to utilize Botox and have conducted pre-approval clinical studies with ALL of these neuromodulators. This means you are guaranteed precise placement and unmatched skill with each treatment
Every Other Month
- Clear + Brilliant – Combatting the signs of aging by creating smoother skin tone and texture, this laser skin resurfacing treatment offers a gentler alternative to traditional fractional laser resurfacing and chemical peels. Clear + Brilliant uses focused, precise laser energy to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, irregular pigmentation and to minimize and refine pores. With minimal risk of side effects and no downtime, you can go back to work or go straight to a night out from our San Diego office.
- Dermaplaning – An easy, non-invasive way to exfoliate the skin, this treatment effectively reduces dead skin cells, fine hair and other debris, leaving your skin fresher, softer, and more radiant. The procedure involves using a fine scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of skin cells and in effect, boosts the body’s self-healing process. In turn, the body produces new skin cells that are healthier and plumper, revealing a smoother and brighter complexion. You’ll leave our office with clean, bright skin free of redness and irritation. To learn more about dermaplaning to exfoliate the skin, visit ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Facials – An essential part of any good skincare regimen, facials can help you maintain healthy skin that is clear, hydrated, and glowing. Our medical aesthetician can assess your skin and help you care for it in the best and most effective ways. You will be provided with various moisturizers, masks, and other treatments that will make your skin look and feel great. Here at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, we take our facials and wrinkle treatments a step above those you can get from a regular day spa. Those pampering facials may be relaxing but are not really designed to target specific skin concerns. In our San Diego office, our custom facials are medical-grade and tailored to treat skin issues that you are most concerned about.
Stick To The Calendar
It is important to note that in order to maintain optimal results, you must refresh your treatments and procedures every few months or as recommended by our board-certified dermatologists, and use professional-grade skincare and wear sunscreen every single day!
Schedule A Beauty Treatment at our San Diego Medical Spa
Mark your calendars and take control of your skin this year. To help you make informative skincare choices and to create a plan that will help you achieve beautiful, glowing, and youthful-looking skin for 365 days, contact Cosmetic Laser Dermatology at our San Diego office today.