Body contouring is the process of modifying a person’s body to improve the body contours, shape, and proportion in areas such as:
It is ideal for patients that have trouble losing stubborn fat pockets with traditional weight loss methods like diet, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. Body sculpting treatments can include surgical or non-invasive procedures that shape the body and remove excess fat. Many non-invasive body contouring treatments target fat cells without incisions or anesthesia for fast results and minimal downtime.
What Other Parts of the Body Does Body Contouring Work On?
Body contouring is not just for the common problem areas listed above; it can also be used for areas such as:
- Breasts and chest
Body contouring focuses on reducing body fat, and sometimes toning underlying muscles to improve physical appearance. Body sculpting procedures are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures today, with millions of men and women undergoing the procedure each year.
Almost any body area with excess fat can be treated with a body contouring procedure, resulting in a slimmer, contoured shape. Your expert dermatologist can work closely with you to identify your needs and concerns and make suggestions that will help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
Which Body Contouring Method is Safest?
While there are many different options for body contouring, the methods performed by experienced, board-certified dermatologists are the safest and most effective. Non-surgical body contouring treatments are often considered safer options since they don’t involve general anesthesia and significant incisions. Safe, non-invasive, and minimally-invasive body sculpting treatments include:
- CoolSculpting Elite: CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved, advanced body contouring treatment that does not require incisions or downtime. It targets stubborn fatty areas with freezing technology without damaging surrounding tissue or skin. The body naturally flushes out targeted fat cells, leaving behind a more contoured shape.
- CoolMini: This device targets hard-to-reach areas like the chin, armpits, and knees, resulting in a 20-30% fat reduction after one session. It uses the same freezing technology as CoolSculpting Elite but delivers controlled cooling via a smaller handheld applicator that allows for the treatment of smaller areas.
- Zimmer Z Wave: This innovative device uses radial waves to tighten skin and reduce cellulite for firmer skin free of dimples or lumps. It can be used in combination with body contouring treatments like CoolSculpting to further enhance results.
- CoolTone: This non-invasive technology uses electromagnetic stimulation of muscles to both enhance underlying muscles and promote the absorption of excessive fat
- Tumescent Liposculpture: This procedure is performed with local anesthetic and inserts a tiny cannula through a small incision to remove excess fat. This precise treatment can be used on nearly any area of the body and is fully customizable to the specific needs of each patient.
Our Proprietary Body Contouring Procedures
Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego offers two proprietary body contouring procedures that were developed by our team of expert, board-certified dermatologists. They are performed exclusively in our medical spa by our doctors and board-certified physician assistant Leysin Fletcher, who is also one of the only master CoolSculpting specialists in San Diego.
ThermiSculpt³ tightens and shapes the neck and jawline without surgery. The minimally-invasive body sculpting treatment can produce dramatic results for a sleeker profile and contouring neckline within one month. ThermiSculpt³ is a combination procedure that includes:
- Facial liposculpture to remove excess fat
- ThermiTight to smooth and tighten skin
- Injectable dermal filler to put the finishing touches on the jawline contour
Combining these procedures can provide a sleek look with a naturally defined jawline and firmer skin. The procedure can treat:
- Double chin
- Sagging neck skin
- Fat deposits along the jawline
- Weak or recessed chin
Cool³ is another non-invasive proprietary body contouring treatment at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology. This combination treatment includes:
- CoolSculpting Elite
- Zimmer Z Wave
Our expert dermatologists evaluate your unique form and goals to determine which combination of innovative Cool³ treatments will result in optimal fat removal and body shaping. Many patients only require one to two treatment sessions and may begin to see results within three weeks after a treatment session. The fat cells are frozen and naturally eliminated after a CoolSculpting treatment, producing permanent results when combined with a healthy and active lifestyle. It can be used in many areas, including:
- Back fat
- Love handles
Contact Our San Diego Medical Spa for More Information
Body contouring treatments require precision and expertise for safe and effective results. There are hundreds of body shaping options in Southern California, but Cosmetic Laser Dermatology provides patients with technique, experience, and personalized treatment plans. Our board-certified dermatologists specialize in minimally-invasive treatments and prioritize natural results.
Treatments with inexperienced or uncertified providers can lead to lumpy skin and unnatural body shapes. Put your body in the hands of experts for seamless and beautiful results.
With more than 50 lasers and devices and exclusive proprietary treatments, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology has what you need for a slimmer, more contoured body. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about our body contouring procedures.