Kunal Angra, MD, is a board-certified dermatologist with specialized training in cosmetic dermatology. He attended the University of Chicago for his undergraduate studies, followed by Howard University for his medical degree and residency training in dermatology.
After residency, Dr. Angra completed the distinguished American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship program at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego, CA.
As a cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Angra specializes in injectable treatments such as neuromodulators and dermal fillers, as well as non-invasive body contouring, skin tightening, liposculpture, vein treatments, and laser rejuvenation.
He has authored several scientific publications and textbook chapters. Dr. Angra utilizes a unique, individualized approach in helping patients achieve their cosmetic goals.
Outside of work, Dr. Angra enjoys cooking, traveling, hiking, and spending time with friends and family.
Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, San Diego, CA August 2019 – July 2020
- ASDS Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellow
Howard University, Washington, DC September June 2016 – June 2019
- Dermatology Residency
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA June 2015 – June 2016
- Transitional Year Internship
Howard University, Washington, DC May 2015
- M.D., College of Medicine
- Honors: Alpha Phi Omega inductee, Half-Tuition Merit-Based Award recipient (3 academic years)
The George Washington University, Washington, DC Spring 2011
- Elective Course in Biologic Basis of Public Health
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois December 2010
- B.A. Biology, Specialization in Endocrinology
- Honors: Dean’s List
Resident Preceptorship Program, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery October 2018
Maryland Laser, Skin, and Vein Institute, Hunt Valley, MD
Worked with Robert Weiss, Margaret Weiss, Christian Halvorson, Sarah Hsu, and Claire Noell
Preceptorship Program, American Society for Laser, Medicine, and Surgery April 2018
Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, San Diego, CA
Worked with Drs. Mitchel Goldman, Kimberly Butterwick, William Groff, Sabrina Fabi, & Douglas Wu
ASDS Scholarship, Premier Annual Resident Cosmetic Symposium April 2017
Dean’s List, University of Chicago 2007-2009
Trustee Tuition Scholarship, Howard University 2012-2015
Recipient of Half-Tuition Merit-Based Award (3 Academic Years)
Alpha Omega Alpha, Washington, D.C. Chapter May 2014
Inducted as Junior Member
Research, Publications, & Lectures
Clinical Research, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, San Diego, CA August 2019-Current
SDS Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellow
Sub-Investigator for several clinical trials with device and injectable companies
Department of Dermatology, Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC 2014-2016
Review of literature on Lymphomatoid Papulosis.
Advisor: Ife Rofney, MD
Conducting a retrospective study on Hypopigmented Mycosis Fungoides.
Advisor: Ife Rofney, MD
Review of literature on herbal supplements for treating pigmentation disorders.
Advisor: Rebat Halder, MD
PUBLICATIONS & ABSTRACTS
- Lipp MB, Angra K, Wu DC, Goldman MP. Intense Pulsed Light: A Methodical Approach to Understanding Clinical Endpoints. Laser Surg Med. February 2021.
- Lipp MB, Butterwick K, Angra K, Chatchadapon C, Goldman MP. Evaluation of Long-Term Outcome and Patient Satisfaction Results After Tumescent Liposuction. Dermatol Surg. October 2020.
- Lipp MB, Angra K, Wu DC. Safety and Efficacy of a novel 730 nm picosecond titanium sapphire laser for the treatment of benign pigmented lesions. Lasers Surg Med. September 2020.
- Wu DC, Wat H, Angra K, Lipp MB, Goldman MP. First experience with a novel fractionated picosecond 532 nm frequency-doubled neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet “fusion” lens. Dermatol Surg. Submitted
For more advanced filtering/search options please visit our photo gallery.