Although there are a number of benefits that can be enjoyed through giving birth the traditional way, it’s no secret that a natural birth can take a toll on a woman’s genital area. During childbirth, the ligaments, muscles, and fascia within the birth canal are stretched, resulting in a loss of firmness which could have a negative effect on one’s sex life.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to bring the vagina back to normal, through the help of ThermiVa, a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatment. ThermiVa helps tighten and restore the appearance of the vagina, increasing your self-confidence in the process!
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment?
Vaginal rejuvenation treatment is a common procedure that promises to rejuvenate the vagina – even after childbirth – and improve the sexual pleasure of a woman. Prior to ThermiVa and Viveve, this procedure was categorized into three main groups: vaginaplasty, labiaplasty, and hoodectomy.
These treatments are outpatient procedures that are often carried out with the help of lasers and done under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis. The operation itself could last for 1-2 hours depending on the type of correction to be made. During surgery, the plastic surgeon would use a specialized laser to make incisions as a way to repair the vaginal stretching and tearing. It can also be done to tighten the muscles of the perineum, posterior, or anterior, depending on the needs of the patient.
With the advent of ThermiVa and Viveve, however, patients who desire vaginal rejuvenation treatment no longer have to undergo surgical procedures. As a completely non-surgical treatment, ThermiVa and Viveve offer patients no downtime and quick and painless results!
Are You a Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
The following are just some of the common reasons why women consider treatment:
- Have you experienced vaginal childbirth? Would you like tightening of the canal?
- Do you feel loose during intercourse?
- Do you leak urine while exercising, sneezing, or coughing?
- Do you feel like the aesthetic appearance of the labia is not how it used to be?
- Are you experiencing painful intercourse or dryness?
- Would you like to improve intimacy and sensation?
What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is a device that utilizes radiofrequency to gently heat the tissue to stimulate new collagen growth and improve blood flow.
Why Consider ThermiVa Treatment?
- The vaginal structures have sagged because of weight loss, aging, and pregnancy.
- There has been discomfort caused by scarring from childbirth or genital surgeries.
- The desire to have more contoured private parts.
- More intense orgasms
Benefits of ThermiVa
ThermiVa has a number of benefits, such as the following:
- Being completely non-surgical, it is considered to be the less invasive treatment compared to other cosmetic surgeries with similar purposes.
- No downtime and immediate results.
- It can improve a woman’s self-esteem and confidence.
- It effectively restores the elasticity of the vagina.
- The tightening of the vaginal canal enhances lubrication.
- It can improve urinary incontinence or leaky bladder.
- The aesthetic appearance of the external genitalia is improved.
- An improvement in sexual life can be noticed after the treatment due to improved sensitivity.
For women who are considering ThermiVa, it’s very important to talk to a cosmetic dermatologist to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
How Long Is The Treatment?
ThermiVa is a simple 30-minute procedure – 15 minutes treating the external genitalia, 15 minutes treating the vaginal canal and bladder wall.
Three treatments at monthly intervals are necessary to achieve optimal results. A single maintenance treatment every 8-12 months is suggested.
How Long Will the Results Last?
Results are immediate and continue to improve 3-6 months after treatment. After ThermiVa, patients can expect results to last for up to a year, though it may sometimes be necessary for multiple treatments.
What is Viveve?
Viveve is a device that uses cryogen cooled radiofrequency to gently heat the tissue. The cryogen helps cool the surface of the skin to more effectively deliver the heat to the targeted tissues to promote new collagen growth.
Benefits of Viveve
- Tightening of the vaginal canal
- Stabilizing the bladder wall to improve urinary incontinence
- Enhanced blood flow to improve lubrication
What Can I Expect From Viveve Treatment?
- One 30-45 minute treatment session focusing on the vaginal canal and stabilizing the bladder wall.
- Maintenance treatments recommended annually or when symptoms return.
- Comfortable and safe
- Results are noticed 1-3 months post-procedure
- No downtime. You may resume normal sexual activity immediately after treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns about ThermiVa and other vaginal rejuvenation treatments, contact the experts at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego to learn more!