Restylane Silk Overview
Restylane Silk is a dermal filler designed to add volume and smoothness to the lips and mouth. This injectable works with the body’s own hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body, providing a natural-looking and younger appearance.
Our cosmetic dermatologists actually perform all Restylane Silk treatments themselves – they don’t delegate injectable treatments to nurse practitioners and assistants like many doctors do, which means that you’re in good hands with a Restylane Silk treatment at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology!
What to Expect
When injecting Restylane Silk, our team of expert dermatologists uses an extremely fine needle or a blunt tip cannula, which was recently approved by the FDA, to minimize pain and discomfort while providing fullness to the lips. Restylane Silk also has the added benefit of 0.3% lidocaine. This lidocaine works as a local anesthetic to reduce pain and discomfort even further.
Restylane Silk is injected directly into whichever part of the face you wish to be treated. Once injected, it creates a smoother, younger look by filling in fine lines and wrinkles, or by plumping the lips. Restylane Silk works immediately by providing volume in the injected area.
What’s The Difference Between Restylane And Restylane Silk?
The main difference between Restylane and Restylane Silk is that the latter contains 0.3% lidocaine. The addition of lidocaine to the proven Restylane formula provides the benefit of reducing any discomfort or pain associated with the procedure. Restylane Silk is the most comfortable, pain-free dermal filler on the market.
During your procedure:
- An assessment will be made by your physician to determine the type of product and
appropriate amount needed.
- Multiple injections will be administered to treated areas.
- The filler contains lidocaine, however, some physicians may decide to use a topical
numbing agent or local anesthesia injections prior to filler injections.
- You may have a very small amount of pinpoint bleeding where the needle was
inserted. This usually subsides in a few minutes.
After your procedure:
- You may use your regular skincare products and make-up.
- You can apply ice packs to ease tenderness and swelling.
- Do NOT manipulate, rub, massage, apply pressure, etc. to treated areas or lay face
down after treatment.
- Immediately after the treatment you will experience swelling which can last 1 – 3 days. The
above-mentioned fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (which is a substance your body
normally produces) and it attracts water to it which causes the swelling.
- You may feel lumps where the filler was injected. This is also swelling and they will
subside in about 3 – 5 days and are usually not visible.
- You may get a bruise from the injections. If so, you are welcome to come into the office
the following day and have the bruise(s) treated with a laser at no charge.
- You may also take Arnica pills before and/or after the treatment to decrease the risk of
bruising and to help any bruises you have to subside faster. We have Arnica available
- Results are immediate but due to the swelling, the expected end result can be seen
between 7 – 10 days.
- Follow any additional specific post-treatment instructions from your physician.
- It is always a possibility that you may not get the desired result after one treatment.
Additional treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal desired results.
- Follow up with your physician in ______ days/weeks, or as needed.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns at (858) 657-1002.
Q: How does it work?
Q: How long does it take?
Q: When will I see results?
Q: How much downtime is required?
Q: Is it painful?
Q: How long does it last?
Q: What are the side effects?
Q: How much does it cost?
Q: Can it be used with other injectable treatments?
“I had such an awesome experience for my first visit and I am referring everyone I know to this office. From the super friendly staff to the state of the art procedures, they are the cream of the crop.”- Dinah M.
“If I could give this office 10 stars I would! I’ve never been to such an incredible office where everyone was so sweet, helpful, and professional!”- Jessica V.
“I love and appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, warmth, and extraordinary care from the team at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.”- Alejandro S.
Same Day Appointments Available!
Schedule a free Restylane Silk consultation today*